Introduction to Immersive Media 2
This course will build upon what you have learned in Immersive Media 1, focusing on the subject of virtual reality (VR). This is a project-based class where students will use the C# programming language and high-level VR concepts to create projects in Unity software.
This class is the third and last of three classes in the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate course, part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality micropathway.
Discover how to incorporate virtual reality into your programming and design. Gain experience using equipment – setting it up and optimizing it for your project. You will be able to use Seattle Colleges' Oculus Quest 2 virtual reality headset and touch controllers.
Test out interactive projects that you have created in Unity, and get feedback from the class and instructor about how you can improve what you’ve developed.
This will be an opportunity to test your skills and also learn how to work effectively as part of a development team while beginning to build a portfolio of work in extended reality.
- Virtual reality (VR) equipment setup
- VR interactions
- VR optimization
Who Might Enjoy This Class
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Intro to Software Development and Introduction to Immersive Media 1.
- High-school level of mathematics knowledge
- Basic familiarity with computers, including graphic software like Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts like variables, loops, and conditional logic
Anyone who meets the prerequisite and preferred qualifications listed above, and would like to:
- Prepare for a career as a developer in virtual reality
- Create interactive, real-time 3D experiences
- Develop your own games or apps in virtual reality
- Complete the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate course, part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality micropathway
- Unity Hub – free download
- Editor – any version – included in Unity Hub
- Visual Studio Community Edition – included in Unity Hub
- Regular internet access to do work
WHEN: Summer 2023
INSTRUCTOR: Andrew Edmonds