Frequently Asked Questions

When is the latest time I can register for a class?

Registration closes at 1 p.m. on the day the class begins, Monday through Friday, so we have time to process your payment and email you a confirmation and information about your class. However, if the class does not have enough students enrolled 2-3 business days before the class begins, we might need to cancel the class. So please register in advance if you can!

Can I get a refund for a class if I decide not to take it, or if a class is cancelled?

Please see our policies about cancellations and refunds.

What are your hours of operation?

Continuing Education hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m.–4:30 p.m. You may make an appointment with any staff member as needed.

I’m having trouble registering on your website. Who can I contact for assistance?

Please read How to Register on our website. If you're still having difficulty, contact our office to assist you! We are happy to help.

Do you offer any type of payment plan or scholarships?

Unfortunately, financial assistance is usually sourced from federal funds and reserved for credit-based and degree-based programs and therefore is NOT applicable for Continuing Education classes and programs. We also aren't able to offer any type of payment plan, though we do take most credit cards. If you are eligible for unemployment benefits, please contact your local office to determine your eligibility.

If you work for Seattle Colleges, please see Professional Development Funds for Seattle Colleges Employees.

How do I find the Continuing Education office?

Our offices are located in rooms 1139 I-M, in the Broadway Edison Building, the main building on Seattle Central College's Capitol Hill campus, in the lowest level. Find out more on these web pages: directions, map and parking or contact us.

How do I get documentation for clock hours, continuing education units (CEUs) or a certificate of completion?

Find the information you need by visiting the following web pages:

What books supplies do I need for my class?

Please see your class website pages to find out if you need any books or supplies for your class. 

What do I need to know about online classes?

Please read our FAQ for online classes.

Is the school closed due to bad weather or emergencies?

Sign-up for alerts and learn more on our School Closures web page. For regular holidays and hours, visit our Calendar page.

Can my child take a class?

Continuing Education programs are designed for adult learners. Unless a course or program is specifically geared toward a younger age group, students under 18 years must obtain permission to enroll according to the following guidelines:

  • 16 and 17 year old students may enroll in some classes with the required release form. However, certain classes require a minimum age of 18 or 21.
  • 14 to 15 year old students may enroll in some classes if accompanied by a parent or adult guardian over 18, registered and participating in the same class. This does not apply to every class, so please contact us to confirm that the class your interested in is eligible.

When I click on some class titles, the link takes me to a different website. Why is that happening?

We work closely with a few educational organizations to offer classes in partnership where they have expertise. Read about our educational partners.