Are you interested in creating interactive, real-time 3D experiences? This course will introduce you to the basic computer science principles, app design, and production to develop your own apps in Unity software.
This class is the second of three classes in the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate, part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality micropathway. If you are familiar with C#, you will be able to jump in.
This class will explore the fields of software engineering, game design, and animation. As a project-based class, you will use C# programming language and high-level concepts to create apps in Unity and receive supportive feedback from the instructor.
Unity software uses C# as the primary scripting language. It’s known to be good for beginners and relatively easy to use. Unity has a large and active community of people sharing information and support, and is used in diverse industries such as entertainment, automotive, architecture, engineering, construction, healthcare, education, and the military.
Learn about career options as a developer in immersive media projects and virtual reality. Discover how to work effectively as part of a development team in this dynamic field.
- Navigating the interface
- Evaluating code
- Creating code
- Debugging, problem-solving, and interpreting the application programming interface (API)
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Prerequisite: Successful completion of Intro to Software Development or familiarity with C# programming language.
- High-school-level of mathematics knowledge
- Basic familiarity with computers, including graphic software like Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts like variables, loops, conditional logic, and version control
Anyone who meets the prerequisite and preferred qualifications listed above, and would like to:
- Prepare for a career as a developer in virtual reality
- Create interactive, real-time 3D experiences
- Develop your own games or apps in virtual reality
- Complete the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate, part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality micropathway
- Unity Hub – free download
- Editor – any version – included in Unity Hub
- Visual Studio Community Edition – included in Unity Hub
- Regular internet access to do work