Would you like to create interactive, real-time 3D experiences? Begin learning how to develop your own apps in virtual reality in this hands-on class, the first of three in the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate course.
This introductory class get you started as a developer using C# programming language. Knowing C# is a highly valuable skill for a developer. It’s considered one of the easiest programming languages to learn, known to be efficient, versatile, and scalable, and has a big community of users. It has proven to have lasting power compared to other programming languages.
Explore how to manage source code, and build, deploy and integrate the software stacks that support C# applications.
The content of this class will be focused on three areas:
- C# language
- Object-oriented programming
- Development environments and processes used to build, test, and deploy applications
This class will address the following topics:
- Introduction to Visual Studio, the structure of a C# program, and the anatomy of an application project file
- C# syntax and features including Exception Handling
- Object-oriented programming
- Interfaces, Inheritance, and Polymorphism – what they are and why this would matter in developing games
- Advanced C# features (indexers, delegates)
- Accessing data using Entity Framework
- Introduction to continuous integration and continuous deployment or delivery (CI/CD)
- Introduction to Unit Testing
- Introduction to Application Performance
- Model-view-controller (MVC) framework – a primer
Virtual reality offers unlimited possibilities for use in science, technology, education, entertainment, and beyond. It is a rapidly expanding and lucrative new field -- and highly compensated. VR developers earn an average salary of $93,400 according to Glassdoor.
At the end of the class, you will have a foundation in the tools and processes required of the modern developer, a solid basis for the next two classes in the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate.
- Create applications using C# and object-oriented programming (OOP)
- Understand how to build code in a collaborative environment using version control systems
- Investigate and troubleshoot applications
Who Might Enjoy This Class
Anyone (18 years old or older) who would like to:
- Create interactive, real-time 3D experiences
- Prepare for a career as a developer in virtual reality
- Develop your own games or apps in virtual reality
- Complete the Virtual Reality Foundations Certificate course, part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality micropathway
- High-school-level of mathematics knowledge
- Basic familiarity with computers, including graphic software like Adobe Photoshop
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts like variables, loops, and conditional logic
Supplies and Materials Needed
- Video subscription to LinkedIn Learning (available via King County Library System)
- Visual Studio Community Edition
- SQL Server Developer Edition
- Internet access and a device with a microphone and camera to attend the class online
- A computer with admin rights to download the software and do work
- When : Thursday, Feb 02 to Mar 30 ; 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Location : Online
- Fee : $995