Unity User: Programmer Certificate
Are you interested in creating your own apps or games in virtual reality? Get started in a career as a developer in the real-time 3D ecosystem.
This certificate program is part of Seattle Colleges' Extended Reality (XR) program and consists of three courses. This education will prepare you to take the Unity User: Programmer Certification and Unity User: VR Developer User exams.
"Extended Reality," an umbrella term for Virtual and Augmented Reality, is a rapidly growing, high-wage field with job opportunities in the Seattle area, throughout the country, and internationally. Seattle Colleges' new XR micropathway is one of the only programs of its kind in the nation.
This Unity User: Programmer Certificate course consists of three classes. Click on the links for more information about each, and to register.
- Intro to Software Development & Version Control -- Fall 2022!
- Intro to Immersive Media A -- winter quarter, dates TBA
- Intro to Immersive Media B -- spring quarter, dates TBA
Duration: Three quarters, one course per quarter; estimated minimum of 5-10 hours/week of total student commitment
Total Hours: 140
Cost: $4,485 total
- Intro to Software Development and Version Control: $995
- Intro to Immersive Media A: $1,495
- Intro to Immersive Media B: $1,995
- Develop the skills to create your own games or apps in extended reality
- Create interactive, real-time 3D experiences in Unity
- Explore a career path as a developer within the real-time 3D ecosystem
Who Might Enjoy This Certificate Program
- Future creators in the real-time 3D ecosystem
- People interested in exploring a career path in extended reality development
- Future developers who want to create their own game or app
- Anyone interested in learning how to create immersive experiences in Unity
- People interested in taking the Certified User exams
- High-school level of mathematics knowledge
- Basic familiarity with computers and graphic software (like Adobe Photoshop)
- Basic knowledge of programming concepts like variables, loops, and conditional logic
***FREE INFO SESSION on Wed, September 7; 6-7pm***
Interested in this field and program and would like to know more? Come to a free online information session. Ask questions and meet the instructor!