Continue leaning everyday Japanese vocabulary and expressions in this interactive class. Improve basic oral and written communication skills while exploring traditional and modern Japanese culture. You will get acquainted with the essentials of Japanese grammar and continue learning to read and write Hiragana and Katakana. Enjoy improving your skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing Japanese. Required textbook: Japanese For Busy People, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1. Check online for best prices.
By completing this class, you will be familiar with:
- Hiragana and Katakana (reading, writing and pronouncing)
- conversational skills with familiar topics
- everyday vocabulary and expressions
- essential grammar
- listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for simple conversation
- traditional and modern Japanese culture
Japanese For Busy People, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Students who have completed Japanese – Level 1 or the equivalent
- People who are interested in Japanese language and culture and would like to continue learning skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar.
No class on 11/24. This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.