Research shows that everyone who has successfully defended themselves during an attack had a few things in common. First, they recognized the threatening situation quickly. Then, they clearly defended their boundaries, and used physical means when it was necessary.
During this comprehensive self-defense course, learn to recognize potentially unsafe situations and protect yourself with confidence. Discover the ploys and manipulation commonly used by attackers or people who seek to harm you. Learn and practice releases from common grabs. Explore how you can use your body language and voice to deter attacks.
This class will teach you how to assess risks in order to defuse, deescalate or evade potential conflicts before a physical assault ever happens. This is a progressive skill-building course. Come prepared to challenge yourself and enjoy the self confidence you will gain!
Participants will gain a basic understanding of personal safety and self-defense in order to:
- recognize “red flags” that someone may mean harm
- use their “exit strategy” skills to thwart intended harm
- demonstrate physical skills to disable an attacker and escape, if necessary
- seek support and appropriate self-care after an intended assault
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone who wishes to learn everyday personal safety and self-defense skills
In the Media