Demand for workers with residential building skills in the Seattle area is enormous, and these jobs are both rewarding and well-paying. This new micropathway through Seattle Colleges offers two options for students – one for those who are brand new to the construction industry with no prior knowledge or experience, and another option for those who currently work or have formerly worked in the construction field but seek formal training to take their career to the next level.
With either option, you'll learn and refine foundational construction skills, gain exposure and experience with tools and materials, and expand carpentry skills as well as interior and exterior finishing skills.
You can READ MORE on the Seattle Colleges website and register on this page.
This program will be in person at the beautiful Wood Technology Center located at: 2310 S. Lane St, Seattle, WA 98144.
Weeks 1-6: Students will be required to bring their own Personal Protection Equipment (safety glasses, hearing protection) for all remaining classes.
The sessions on Wednesday are held in a classroom, and the sessions on Saturday are held at the Core Shop. Wednesday: 6-9 pm. Saturday: 9am-1pm. The schedule:
- Week One - June 29 - Interior Millwork Installation, Part 1
- Week Two - July 6 - Interior Millwork Installation, Part 2
- Week Three - July 20 - Interior Millwork Installation, Part 3 (plus Saturday, July 23)
- Week Four - July 27 - Cabinets and Countertops, Part 1 (plus Saturday, July 30)
- Week Five - Aug 3 - Cabinets and Countertops, Part 2
- Week Six - Aug 10 - Review