“Excellent shop projects. Andy has been an amazing instructor. He is extremely committed, every shop project and class is very well organized. He's very helpful and great at explaining things.”
Demand for workers with residential building skills in the Seattle area is enormous, and jobs can be rewarding and well-paying. This new certificate program provides hands-on career training in “whole building” residential construction.
Designed to put your skills to work in the field, this program is open for people with no experience, as well as anyone currently working in construction who would like to take their career to the next level.
Learn foundational construction skills, gain experience with tools and materials, develop carpentry skills, and build interior and exterior finishing skills. Lecture, discussion, and written materials will prepare you to take the Carpentry Basic Certification exam.
Gain the knowledge and experience for gainful employment and advancement in residential construction.
- Week One - 1/3/2024 - Concrete Form Construction, Part 1
- Week Two - 1/10/2024 - Concrete Form Construction, Part 2
- Week Three - 1/17/2024 - Floor Framing, Part 1 (plus Saturday, 1/20/2024)
- Week Four - 1/24/2024 - Floor Framing, Part 2
- Week Five - 1/31/2024 - Wall and Ceiling Framing, Part 1
- Week Six - 2/7/2024 - Wall and Ceiling Framing, Part 2 (plus Saturday, 2/10/2024)
- Week Seven - 2/14/2024 - Roof Framing
- Week Eight - 2/21/2024 - Roofing
- Week Nine - 2/28/2024 - Windows and Doors, Part 1 (plus Saturday, 3/2/2024)
- Week Ten - 3/6/2024 - Windows and Doors, Part 2
Residential Construction Academy Carpentry 5th Edition. ISBN13: 9781337918503 and ISBN10: 1337918504. Available as a hard-cover book, e-book, or MindTap. You can find it online through a bookseller of your choice.
"This program gave me greater knowledge, better understanding, and a space to hone my skills, plus a network with other students that, I hope, will benefit our careers in the future." - Graduate from 2021-22
You can READ MORE about the full Residential Construction micropathway program on the Seattle Colleges website, and then return to this page to register.