Continue learning Yiddish! Advance your Yiddish language skills as well as cultural knowledge in this interactive class. Build your Yiddish vocabulary and expressions while developing advanced conversational skills. Continue exploring and understanding more about Yiddish-speaking culture. We will read longer Yiddish texts and translate them together, continuing to develop practical listening, speaking and reading skills.
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Build new vocabulary
- Learn idiomatic expressions and phrases for everyday life
- Develop advanced conversational skills
- Advance listening, speaking, reading and translating skills
- Explore Yiddish-speaking culture
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisites: 6 quarters (90 hours) of Yiddish study or equivalent.
- Yiddish language students who wish to advance their conversational skills and fluency
- Students who wish to continue learning Yiddish in a fun and interactive learning environment Those who enjoy improving their Yiddish language skills with an eye toward someday speaking Yiddish fluently
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.