Yiddish language students, continue learning Yiddish in this fun and interactive Level 6 class! Build practical everyday Yiddish vocabulary and expressions and put them to use developing high-intermediate conversation skills. Learn more essential Yiddish grammar and develop better speaking, listening and reading skills. Improve your language comprehension while exploring Yiddish-speaking culture. Build your vocabulary and ability to use idiomatic expressions and phrases useful for everyday life. Enjoy being part of a community of students with similar language skills levels learning Yiddish together.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- build new vocabulary
- learn idiomatic expressions and phrases for everyday life
- develop intermediate conversational skills
- improve listening, speaking and reading skills
- become familiar with more advanced grammar
- explore Yiddish-speaking culture
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: Previous study of Yiddish for 5 quarters (75hours) or equivalent.
- Yiddish language students who wish to advance their conversational skills and fluency
- Students who wish to continue learning Yiddish in a fun and interactive learning environment
- Those who enjoy improving their Yiddish language skills with an eye toward someday speaking Yiddish fluently
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.