Enjoy a review of the vocabulary, expressions, and grammar concepts introduced in Japanese classes levels 1 through 4 as you continue to improve your language skills. Gain more confidence having a conversation as you participate in a systematic review of grammar.
In this class you can focus on your speaking ability and pronunciation, listening comprehension, as well as writing and reading skills. Review Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji, Japanese grammar, vocabulary and phrases, and idiomatic expressions. Enjoy exploring traditional and modern Japanese culture in this interactive learning environment.
If you have completed 4 quarters (80 hours) of Japanese study or equivalent, this course is a good match for you. This course will prepare you to smoothly move on to Level 5 in the future. This course can also be great preparation if you have completed 3 quarters of Japanese (60 hours) and you wish to continue learning the language.
Japanese For Busy People I, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1
- Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Read, write, and speak in more complex Japanese
- Use practical vocabulary and expressions in a variety of familiar topics
- Converse with more confidence beyond just knowing Japanese words or phrases
- Participate in conversations with native speakers of Japanese
- Understand more about traditional and modern Japanese culture
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisites: completion of three quarters (60 hours) or four quarters (80 hours) of Japanese study or equivalent
- Students who wish to continue learning Japanese and reviewing what they have learned
- Individuals who studied the book, Japanese For Busy People on their own and who need to review the contents in a welcoming interactive learning environment
- Students who would like to gain confidence speaking Japanese
No class on 11/11 and 11/25. This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.