Learn everyday Japanese vocabulary and expressions in this very interactive class! Develop basic oral and written communication skills while exploring traditional and modern Japanese culture. You will get acquainted with the essentials of Japanese grammar and learn to read and write Hiragana and Katakana. Required textbook: Japanese For Busy People, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1. Check online for best prices.
By successfully completing this course, you will have:
- build basic comprehensive Japanese skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar
- identify and learn how to write/read Hiragana (Japanese syllabary writing system)
- identify and learn how to write/read Katakana
- build basic everyday vocabulary and expressions
- develop essential listening, speaking, reading and writing skills for simple conversation
- learn essential grammar
- explore traditional and modern Japanese culture
Japanese For Busy People, 3rd Edition. Romanized Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-384-4 or Kana Version ISBN: 978-1-56836-385-1.
Who Should Take this Class?
- This class is for people who are interested in Japanese language and culture and would like to learn.
- It is also a perfect starter for those who wish to learn comprehensive Japanese skills in speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar.
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.