Do you enjoy the feeling you get when your mind is firing around exciting topics? Join in fascinating discussions on influential philosophical concepts like Stoicism and Existentialism, and discover how they can help you navigate the complexities of daily life.
In the first session, we will lay the groundwork for our exploration by discussing the nature of philosophy itself, and why it is relevant to our lives. From there, we will move on to consider some of the most influential philosophical schools of thought, including Stoicism, Existentialism, and Utilitarianism, among others.
Engage in lively conversations and share real-life experiences with a vibrant community. Explore how philosophy can give you the tools to find purpose, make ethical decisions, and overcome the challenges of daily living.
Through class discussions, readings, and writing assignments, learn how to analyze complex ideas, evaluate arguments, and make reasoned judgments. By examining topics such as the ethics of technology, the nature of consciousness, or the role of government in society, you can explore how philosophy can shape our understanding of the world around us.
Consider how various ideas can help us tackle some of the most pressing challenges of modern life, from finding meaning and purpose in our work and relationships to dealing with grief and loss, making ethical decisions, and coping with the uncertainties of aging.
This class offers the opportunity to delve deeply into philosophical concepts that can inspire you to have new perspectives that you can apply to real-world issues and problems.
This class is part of our Broadway Hill Club offerings, designed for older students and offered during the daytime on diverse topics, though students of all ages are welcome.
Don't miss out on this exhilarating journey into the world of philosophy!
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Apply philosophical concepts to real-world issues
- Develop communication skills
- Gain a deeper understanding of philosophical concepts and theories:
- Foster a lifelong appreciation for philosophy
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone interested in understanding a variety of philosophies and how they can help make sense of the world and navigate the complexities of daily life.
- People who are curious, open-minded, and eager to explore new ideas and gain fresh perspectives.
- Anyone open to lively and respectful discussions with peers, sharing their own perspectives and learning from others.