Travel the world vicariously! Go on a trip around the globe, through stories and photos from world traveler Charlie Burch.
Charlie has lived on three continents, traveled to over 30 countries, and has been immersed in cultures from China, to Turkey, Sweden, and many more in between. Learn about the food, language, politics, architecture, sights, sounds, modes of transportation, lifestyles, and other topics.
Enjoy approaching the study of places with an eye both to the similarities and differences between them and our own lived experience as people in the United States. Open your mind and heart to ways of looking at life that is fresh and fascinating. With a combination of research and first-hand stories, Charlie will show you the world!
This class is part of our Broadway Hill Club offerings, designed for older students and offered during the daytime on diverse topics, though students of all ages are welcome.
- Enjoy exposure to many cultures without the discomfort of long flights or culture shock
- Learn about how one person experienced life on many different continents and in several different countries
- Explore and discuss multiple lifestyles and cultural viewpoints with curiosity and compassion
- Share your own travel experiences and perspectives
- Come away with more fact-based knowledge of the wider world, and more appreciation for the diversity and unity of humankind
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone who has not traveled outside the US, but is curious and open to other cultures
- People who have traveled to a few places and wish they had the chance to see more of the world
- Anyone who loves to travel and has done so extensively and wants to continue learning and being exposed to more of our global community, and discussing their experience in company with others