Class OverviewHave you taken the watercolor classes or have a basic understanding of watercolor methods?
Continue to develop watercolor techniques and take your painting to the next level in this intermediate class. Explore textural possibilities, colors, and compositional challenges while learning to create a body of artwork.
Work with new subject matters and experiment with different watercolor effects. We will examine a variety of techniques used by different artists to find new approaches.
Practice all of the techniques and explore your personal direction in watercolor in this hands-on class.
You are welcome to use any watercolor supplies you already have. The instructor can give recommendations if needed.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Use variety of watercolor techniques
- Work with various subject matters
- Be familiar with variety of watercolor artists and effects
- Have developed skills using and mixing colors
- Get started creating a personal direction in watercolor
Who Should Take this Class?
- Previous experience with watercolor painting is useful such as our Watercolor Painting - Beginning class
- Watercolor painters interested in practicing their art with the guidance of an instructor and developing a body of artwork
- Anyone interested in continuing to develop their watercolor techniques and skills
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.