Light is at the heart of photography. You can get wrapped up in countless other details, but in the end, it all comes back to light.
In this class, learn how to use light in creating a successful image in your photography. Explore how light determines not only brightness and darkness, but also tone, mood and the atmosphere with the vibrancy of color and luminosity on your subjects.
Learn the types and characteristics of light and how you can use that knowledge to put light to use for you. Discover technology that can assist you in harnessing light, such as computer applications and filters. Enjoy an exploration of light and how to harness this brilliant resource in your photography.
By the end of this class, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of light in your photos
- Be familiar with types and characteristics of light
- Control the light in photography
- How to used your camera settings for each light situation
- different applications (cellphone) to visualize the light on location
- Understand how to use filters (Polarizer & ND)
- Capture sunsets and sunrises in their photos
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in light and using light to improve their photos
- Photographers interested in taking your photography to a new level
- All levels in photography are welcome
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins.
Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.