Would you like to write a compelling memoir, essay, or travel article that will fully engage your readers? Learn the art and science of writing creative non-fiction.
In this class discover how to incorporate elements of fiction into your non-fiction to create a dynamic narrative. Explore how to navigate passages of writing a memoir that might be especially grueling, how to approach an essay from different slants, and how you can write a travel story that will lead readers to pack their bags and go.
Elevate your writing in this fun, supportive, and encouraging class.
- No Text is required. However, some books which will be helpful include:
- Philip Lopate's The Art of Personal Essay
- Tristine Rainiers' Your Life as Story
- An article in NY Book Editors, “Tips for Writing a Travel Memoir”
- Understand the meaning of effective creative non-fiction
- Ability to write creative non-fiction well
- Obtain tools to overcome obstacles such as “writer's block” in order to complete your project
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Anyone who wants to learn how to write engaging non-fiction essays, travel pieces, or memoirs
- Writers who would benefit from new approaches, ideas, and inspiration