Have you ever wanted to be able to draw friends, family, or famous people? If so, this fascinating and satisfying class is for you!
Learn how to bring portraits of people to life by capturing expressions, facial details, and the interesting qualities that are unique to each person. Discover and practice essential techniques such as shading, blending, proportions, choosing details, using light source and shadows, layering, and texturing. Learn how to reliably portray proportions accurately.
Develop handy drawing skills that will allow you to draw beautiful and unique portraits that capture the essence of each person’s personality.
- Drawing pad (70 lb. or higher): 9x12” or 11x14”, whichever size you’d prefer
- Pencils: 2b, 4b, 6b, 8b
- Large white vinyl eraser
- Blending stomps
- Handheld sharpener (preferably one that can catch pencil shavings)
- Optional: detail eraser (Tombow Mono Knock 3.8 is a good option)
- Optional: electric pencil sharpener (i.e., School Smart, X-ACTO)
- Draw faces that capture details, expressions and the unique qualities found in every person
- Gain basic drawing skills, such as how to determine proportions accurately
- Develop graphite pencil techniques such as blending, details, texturing, light source, shadows, and layering
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Anyone interested in drawing portraits of people
- People who would like to learn fundamentals of drawing
- Artists and people who like to draw, interested in developing their skills and focusing on a new subject matter
- People who’d like a creative outlet and learn to express themselves through drawing
- No experience needed; everyone is welcome!