"Fun class! I loved exploring the colors."
"The instructor got us to try a bunch of different techniques and feel successful by following along in an easy way."
Enjoy learning how to combine the flowing beauty of watercolors and the vibrant color and detail of colored pencils all in multimedia art!
This dynamic combination of media can help you paint the most amazing pictures. Watercolors will help us create soft, flowing backgrounds and the detail of colored pencils will be ideal for adding fur, feathers, foliage, etc.
If you enjoy drawing or painting and have not combined the two successfully yet, this class will help you see the advantage of combining them for great results. If you've used them together but would like to improve your skills with this approach, this class will help you take your results to the next level.
Enjoy the stimulating effect of being part of a creative classroom and the guidance of a professional art instructor. Learn to get the most out of combining these two beautiful media!
This class is part of our Winter 2024 Broadway Hill Club offerings, designed for older students and offered during the daytime on diverse topics, though students of all ages are welcome.
Click here to see the supply list.
- Learn the basic watercolor techniques
- Be familiar with colored pencil techniques
- Understand the unique qualities of combining these two art mediums
- Be able to make a mixed media painting by combining these two media into one beautiful piece of art!
Who Should Take This Class?
- People interested in learning how to use watercolors, colored pencils, or mixed media
- Anyone who enjoys making art and would like to explore new techniques and media
- People familiar with these materials who would like dedicated time to focus on making art and guidance from an instructor
- Anyone who would like a new creative outlet
- All levels welcome!