Explore the creative, rewarding, fun art of block printing! This class will teach you how to use linocut to create prints.
Learn the basic skills and techniques of wood block carving and experience the rewarding feeling you get by peeling off a piece of paper printed with your original art! Make multiple copies for greeting cards, gifts, fabric, and decor. Block printing is an ancient art with roots in many cultures that can provide inspiration. Block prints have a unique and artistic look. If you are not good at designing or drawing? Don’t worry! We have several design options for you.
Use your creativity and curiosity with carving and printing your own one-of-a-kind art! This class is for everybody, from complete beginners, to experienced carvers and artists.
- Personal safety equipment (thumb guard and/or resistant gloves)
- One clear acrylic sheet plexiglass 8" x 12" (Recommended: YSTIME 8" x 12" Clear Acrylic Sheet Plexiglass Plastic Sheet for Crafts Transparent Acrylic Board with Protective Paper for Craft, Windows, Frame, DIY Display Projects)
- Super value block printing starter kit (Recommended: Speedball Super Value Block Printing Starter Kit – Includes Ink, Brayer, Lino Handle and Cutters, Speedy-Carve)
- Become familiar with block carving and printing basics
- Be familiar with how to design and print
- Be confident in handling carving equipment safely for a small project
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Anyone curious and interested in trying printmaking and carving
- People who enjoy crafting and making things by hand
- Anyone who would like to do a small creative project with like-minded people
- People who like to draw and would like to translate their drawings to prints
- Everyone is welcome, no experience needed
- When : Thursday, Jun 01 ; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Location : SC0BE , SC - BE - Cont Edu - BE1139B
- Fee : $69