Have you ever wished you could draw people and animals in motion? In this class, learn how to draw people and animals doing all of the fascinating activities they do on a daily basis, with satisfying accuracy.
Learn the techniques that will allow you to portray dynamic movement such as running, jumping, sitting, standing, swimming, flying, with your pencil. Discover how to draw people doing a wide variety of favorite activities such as: skiing, snowboarding, surfing, biking, gymnastics, dancing, figure skating, or rock climbing.
Explore the fascinating field of human and animal anatomy, as well as lighting, shading, proportions, and details. These skills will enable you to make your drawings interesting, dynamic, and lifelike.
Learn how to capture the amazing and diverse action of people and animals in this fascinating class!
- Drawing pad (70 lb. or higher)9x12” or 11x14”, whichever size you prefer
- Pencils: 2b, 4b, 6b, 8b
- Large white vinyl eraser
- Blending stomps
- Handheld sharpener (preferably one that can catch pencil shavings)
- Optional: Detail eraser (Tombow Mono Knock 3.8 is a good option)
- Optional: Electric Pencil Sharpener (i.e., School Smart, X-ACTO)
- Draw a wide variety of dynamic poses that people, animals, and birds exhibit when they are in motion, such as running, jumping, sitting, standing, swimming, flying, eating, etc.
- Understand the basic anatomy of animals and people, which will help you depict them in various active poses
- Be able to use a variety of the basic skills of graphite pencil drawing, such as blending, details, texturing, light source, shadows, and layering
- Explore the techniques of proportions
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Anyone who would like to learn how to draw people and animals in motion
- People interested in the basics of drawing human and animal anatomy
- Anyone interested in expressing themselves through the medium of drawing
- Anyone who would like to learn many of the basic fundamentals of drawing such as shading, lighting, blending, shadows, details, proportions, etc.
- No prior experience needed; everyone is welcome!