Are you bilingual in Japanese and English and interested in learning, or improving, your translation skills? Whether you’re brand new to the field, or have some professional experience, learn about professional translation and gain experience in this hands-on class.
Build skills in editing, proofreading and localizing using a variety of texts. Improve your linguistic research skills and learn how to efficiently produce a high-quality, client-ready translation. This course will help you apply your language skills to enhance the quality, speed, and accuracy of your translation assignments.
Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation Fundamentals Certificate program is strongly recommended, but no previous translation and/or interpretation experience is required.
- Create client-ready translation
- Self-edit and proofreading with a variety of texts
- Improve your linguistic research skills
- Use consistent terminology
- Complete small translation assignments within the set production time frame
- Self-evaluate the quality of a translation
- Collaborate with a translation team incorporating translation steps
- Reflect on criticism from other translators in order to improve the quality of translation
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and the ability to comprehend English and Japanese at an educated near-native level. Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation Fundamentals Certificate program and and Translation Skills 1: Japanese/English is strongly recommended, but not required. No previous translation and/or interpretation experience is required. The age minimum is 18.
- People who are bilingual in Japanese and English and meet the prerequisites above, or comparable experience
- Novice translators who would like to improve their practical translation skills
- People who are bilingual who would like to become a professional translator or localizer
- Professionals who are often asked to translate work-related materials for their customers/clients but who have never received translation training
- Interpreters who wish to provide a translation service in the near future
- When : Tuesday, Apr 25 to May 23 ; 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Location : Online
- Fee : $399