"She was a great instructor, the classes were always fun and challenging in good way. Learning new stuff every time. Also she was a great as a professional interpreter/translator. She gave/share with us her knowledge, experience, tips and more. I can’t put into words how much I had a great time in the class. "
Are you bilingual and interested in learning professional translation skills? Whether you’re brand new to the field, or have some experience and would like training, learn about translation and gain experience doing Japanese/English translation in this hands-on class.
Build skills in editing, proofreading and localizing using a variety of texts. Improve your linguistic research skills and learn how to efficiently produce a high-quality, client-ready translation. This course will help you apply your language skills to enhance the quality, speed, and accuracy of your translation assignments in a professional setting.
Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation Fundamentals Certificate program is strongly recommended, but no previous translation and/or interpretation experience is required. Learn more about our Tranlsation and Interpretation Certificate Programs.
- Create a client-ready translation
- Self-edit and proofread with a variety of texts
- Improve your linguistic research skills
- Use consistent terminology
- Complete small translation assignments within the set production time frame
- Self-evaluate the quality of a translation
- Collaborate with a translation team incorporating translation steps
- Reflect on criticism from other translators in order to improve the quality of translation
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Prerequisites: Basic computer skills and the ability to comprehend English and Japanese at an educated near-native level. Successful completion of our Translation and Interpretation Fundamentals Certificate program is strongly recommended, but not required. No previous translation and/or interpretation experience is required. The age minimum is 18.
- Students who have successfully completed the Translation and Interpretation Fundamentals Certificate program offered by Continuing Education at Seattle Central College
- Novice translators who would like to improve their practical translation skills
- People who are bilingual who would like to become a professional translator or localizer
- Professionals who are often asked to translate work-related materials for their customers/clients but who have never received translation training
- Interpreters who wish to provide a translation service in the near future