Yiddish Resources - Geb A Kuk!
Interested in Yiddish? Here are some resources for learning the language and understanding the culture.
From Yiddish Instructor Marianne Tatom:
- Learn the Yiddish Alphabet - Yiddish Book Center
- Oral Histories - Yiddish Book Center
- Teaching a Living Yiddish - audio interview with Marianne Tatom
- 7 Things People Say About Yiddish that Drive Me Crazy - article by Marianne Tatom
- Taking Yiddish to the Masses - article by Hannah S. Pressman, Jewish in Seattle
From Yiddish Instructor Sasha Berenstein:
- List of Yiddish Transgender Non-binary Terms - article by Sasha Berenstein on the Medium
- Undzer Mishpokhe: A Queer Yiddish Curriculum Supplement - In Geved: a Journal of Yiddish Studies
- See our Yiddish classes (none for fall 2023 -- please check back!)
Feel free to send us your suggestions about what to include! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*"Geb a kuk" means "take a look!"