Continue learning about woodworking and improving your techniques and skills in Woodoworking II. This class is a follow up to Woodworking I, and offers an emphasis on fine woodworking. Enjoy a review and refinement of the skills learned in Woodworking I, and apply what you’ve learned by doing the class project and building a beautiful side table. In this class, you will:
- Review woodshop safe practices with an emphasis on the jointer, planer, and table saw
- Learn intermediate milling techniques
- Explore intermediate joinery techniques
- Get an introduction to new power tools
- Learn about power tool maintenance
Week 1: Please bring a notebook and pencil to first class. Weeks 1-10: Students will be required to bring their own Personal Protection Equipment (safety glasses and hearing protection) for all remaining classes.
- Further develop your fine woodworking skills
- Gain more time and skills using the larger woodworking machines
- Create a class project
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Prerequisites: Successful completion of Woodworking I, or Woodworking for Women, offered by Seattle Central College Continuing Education.
- Woodworking students who wish to continue learning in a very interactive and fun learning environment