Demand for workers with residential building skills in the Seattle area is enormous, and jobs can be rewarding and well-paying. This new certificate program provides hands-on career training in “whole building” residential construction.
Designed to put your skills to work in the field, this program is open for people with no experience, as well as anyone currently working in construction who would like to take their career to the next level.
Learn foundational construction skills, gain experience with tools and materials, develop carpentry skills, and build interior and exterior finishing skills. Lecture, discussion, and written materials will prepare you to take the Carpentry Basic Certification exam.
Gain the knowledge and experience for gainful employment and advancement in residential construction.
- Week One - January 4 - Concrete Form Construction, Part 1 (plus Saturday, January 7)
- Week Two - January 11 - Concrete Form Construction, Part 2
- Week Three - January 18- Floor Framing, Part 1 (plus Saturday, January 21)
- Week Four - January 25 - Floor Framing, Part 2
- Week Five - February 1 - Wall and Celling Framing, Part 1 (plus Saturday, February 4)
- Week Six - February 8 - Wall and Celling Framing, Part 2
- Week Seven - February15 - Roof Framing
- Week Eight - March 1 - Roofing
- Week Nine - March 8 - Windows and Doors, Part 1 (plus Saturday, March 11)
- Week Ten - March 15 - Windows and Doors, Part 1
- Week Ten - March 22 - Review
Residential Construction Academy Carpentry 5th Edition. ISBN13: 9781337918503 and ISBN10: 1337918504. Available as hard-cover book, e-book or MindTap.
"This program gave me greater knowledge, better understanding, and a space to hone my skills, plus a network with other students that, I hope, will benefit our careers in the future." - Graduate from 2021-22
You can READ MORE about the full program on the Seattle Colleges website, and then return to this page to register.