"Great. Small class with plenty of time to ask questions and friendly teacher."
Get started learning Italian! Practice simple conversation and learn basic grammar and vocabulary in a low-pressure and supportive atmosphere.
This class is conducted 90% in Italian, but it's geared to students with little background in languages. Time is reserved for questions in English.
Learn basic listening and speaking skills in the Italian language. Develop correct pronunciation and begin to build your Italian vocabulary. Learn the basics of Italian grammar and syntax.
Enjoy learning basic phrases in Italian around useful everyday activities, such as telling time, meeting new people, and asking basic personal questions. Learn how to count to 10,000. To get started in Italian, build your foundation by learning the present tense of major verbs, as well as several of the most important irregular verbs.
You will have the opportunity to attend the Seattle Opera production of Verdi’s La Traviata. This event is optional and will require the purchase of special discounted tickets.
- Basic grammar related to verbs, nouns and adjectives, definite and indefinite articles, and several idiomatic phrases such as telling time, meeting new people, and asking basic personal question
- Vocabulary with 300-500 vocabulary items
- Correct pronunciation of Italian vowels, consonants, diphthongs and other special attention pronunciation issues
- Confidence in listening to and conversing in simple everyday Italian
- Comfort in being able to function independently in an all-Italian context
Essential Italian Grammar, ISBN: 9780486207797
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone interested in learning Italian language with little to no prior experience, in a more immersive language enrvironment
- People who studied the language in the past, but want to review the basics before continuing to the next level
- People with ancestral roots in Italy who would like to better understand the language and culture of their relatives
- Anyone planning on traveling to Italy in the future who would like to have some language skills during their visit