Would you like to learn the Korean language? Learn everyday Korean vocabulary and expressions in this interactive class.
Develop basic oral and written communication skills while exploring traditional and modern Korean culture. You will get acquainted with the essentials of Korean grammar and learn to read and write the Korean alphabet, Hangul. Enjoy an introduction to Korean language and learn with other beginning level students in this level 1 class.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- speak, listen and understand simple conversations in Korean
- know very basic grammar
- write/read basic Hangul (Korean alphabet)
- understand simple vocabulary and expressions
- be familiar with traditional and modern Korean culture
Sogang Korean 1A: Student’s Book (Korean) 2nd Edition. ISBN-13: 978-8-97699-5728. Search online for best prices or order through your favorite book store.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone who is interested in Korean language and culture.
- Travelers, business people, friends and family of Korean speakers, and anyone else wanting to learn Korean.
- This class is a perfect choice for people who have never learned or have a very limited knowledge of the language -- no prior knowledge or experience is required.
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.