Italian students, continue mastering the language in this level 5 class! If you've completed Italian 4 at Seattle Central or you have learned the basics of indicative and conditional moods, this class is for you. In this interactive class, enjoy an ongoing review of the previous grammar structures and learn about important uses of subjunctive. Through readings, audios, conversations, and drills we will:
- Review and expand on present and past progressive
- Continue to improve listening and speaking skills
- Review and expand on relative pronouns
- Review direct and indirect pronouns
- Learn combined pronouns
- Review and expand on the use of indicative and conditional moods
- Learn present and past of subjunctive
- Learn the present and past infinitive
A good portion of the class is devoted to conversation and cultural notes about Italy. Vi aspettiamo!!
- Express more articulate personal opinions.
- Formulate hypotheses about current or past events
- Improve spontaneous conversation skills
- Better understand current-day Italy
Mafia, amore & polizia - Nuova Edizione. Livello 3. (Publisher: Hueber Verlag GmbH). ISBN-10: 3192053518 and ISBN-13: 978-3192053511. Note: The publisher offers e-book with audio.
Who Should Take This Class?
Prerequisite: Four quarters (80 hours) of Italian study or equivalent
- Students who have completed Italian - Level 4 at Seattle Central College, or that have covered at an elementary level the indicative and conditional moods
- Italian students who wish to become more confident in understanding and speaking the language
No class on 2/9. This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.