Continue building on what you learned in Italian - Level 1 in a low-pressure atmosphere. This class is conducted entirely in Italian, but it's geared to those with little background. Required textbook: Essential Italian Grammar, ISBN: 9780486207797.
During this class, you will:
- Review basics from Level 1 (grammar, syntax and pronunciation, phrases and numbers)
- Expand your listening and speaking skills
- Learn 300-500 more vocabulary items
- Study prepositions
- Learn more time expressions
- Learn the present tense of -IRE verbs and the present perfect tense
- Study more of the irregular verbs
- Gain more confidence in conducting more complex conversations in Italian
Build upon your existing Italian language skills Expand your vocabulary Increase your understanding of Italian grammar Practice conversing with others and gain experience in speaking Italian Who Should Take this Class? Anyone with an enthusiasm for learning a new language Those that have completed Italian - Level 1 or have taken previous beginning Italian classes
Required textbook: Essential Italian Grammar, ISBN: 9780486207797.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone with an enthusiasm for learning a new language
- Those that have completed Italian - Level 1 or have taken previous beginning Italian classes
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.