"The project was fun and Nate gave good direction when we made mistakes."
"Nathan gives clear demonstrations and then makes sure we are working safely. He very patiently answers all questions and fixes our mistakes!!! I also appreciated having Charley as assistant. She was so helpful too.”
"Great facility to work in. Fun project. Well organized and personable instruction."
Continue learning about woodworking and improving your techniques and skills in this hands-on class. Enjoy building a small piece of furniture as you gain confidence using your skills as a woodworker.
Review basic woodworking practices and build upon what you've learned, while practicing woodshop safety. Create a beautiful side table using a variety of tools and techniques. Explore milling and joinery techniques, and learn about power tool maintenance. You will also gain experience using the larger woodworking machines.
Please bring a notebook and pencil to the first class. Students will be required to bring their own Personal Protection Equipment (safety glasses and hearing protection) for all classes.
- Review woodshop safety practices with an emphasis on the joiner, planer, and table saw
- Learn intermediate milling techniques
- Explore intermediate joinery techniques
- Get an introduction to new power tools
- Learn about power tool maintenance
- Build a small piece of furniture from wood
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
Preferred experience: successful completion of Woodworking - Level 1 offered by Seattle Central College Continuing Education or equivalent woodworking experience.
- Woodworking students who wish to continue learning and practicing their skills in a very interactive and fun learning environment
- Students who want to build a small piece of furniture at the Wood Technology Center with guidance and support
- Minimum age of 18