Learn how to use colors in your painting! Understanding color and how to use it is a fascinating subject to explore, and one that will benefit your painting immeasurably.
In this class, you will learn how to use colors comfortably step-by-step. We will explore color theory using the color wheel. Then we will apply knowledge about color to various aspects of painting. We will explore using color for:
- focal points
- light, shadows and highlights
- form, depth, contrast and volume
- expressions and enhancements
- landscapes, figures and still lives
- Make the transition from painting what you see to actually putting it on the canvas the way you want. By learning how to use color, your paintings will look closer to what you see in your imagination. You can use these techniques for years to come.
Click here to see the supply list.
- Be familiar with the color wheel, color theory and how to use it for your painting.
- Understand where to place colors for focal points, lights, shadows, highlights, form, depth, contrast, volume, expression and enhancement.
Who Might Enjoy This Class?
- Anyone interested in understanding color and how to use it
- Beginning painters who would like to build new skills
- More experienced painters who want to explore color more
- All levels welcome!