Have you ever wanted to be able to paint dramatic, exciting, colorful pictures of the natural world around you? If so, then you’ll love this class!
Learn how to paint a variety of landscape subjects such as mountains, trees, seascapes, deserts, waterfalls, national parks, and more. In this class, you’ll develop a wide variety of painting skills such as blending, texturizing, brush techniques, layering, and color mixing. You’ll be able to put these skills into practice, enabling you to paint a wide variety of beautiful landscapes.
The skills and techniques you learn will be an excellent foundation for future painting.
- Watercolor pad (120 lb. or pound or higher): 9x12” or 11x14”
- Canvases: 9x12”, 11x14”, 12x16”, 14x18”, or 16x20”, whichever sizes you prefer
- Filbert brushes: ¼”, ?”, ½”
- Angle brush: ¼”
- Round brush: #1
- Acrylic paints: Titanium White, Light Yellow, Medium Yellow, Medium Orange, Medium Red, Magenta, Purple, Ultramarine Blue, Phthalo Blue, Phthalo Green, Black
- Disposable paper palette pad (i.e., Strathmore, Canson, etc.): 9x12” or 12x16” (12x16” is preferable because it has more room)
- Optional: If you’d like a palette that keeps the paints wet between sessions, you can get a 12x16” “stay wet palette” or a Hipiwe a4 file box (recommended); you still need a disposable paper palette (above)
- Optional: Paper plates for additional paint mixing
- Optional: Acrylic matte medium
- Optional: Spray bottle for keeping paints wet
- Optional: Small table easel (if you’d like painting upright, recommended for larger paintings)
- Water jars
- Paper towels
- Pencils: HB, 2b, 4b
- Large white vinyl eraser
- Pencil sharpener (preferably one that can catch the shavings)
- Paint the beautiful and awe-inspiring natural landscapes
- Develop painting skills such as blending, details, texturing, light source, shadows, layering, etc.
- Become familiar with color mixing, complementary colors, and color harmony
- Gain a variety of brush handling techniques that will allow you to blend, texturize, and detail your painting, such as wet-in-wet blending, stippling, dabbing, scumbling, dry brush, glazing, etc.
- Learn the basics of drawing such as accurately depicting proportions
Who Might Enjoy This Class
- Anyone interested in learning how to paint landscapes
- People who would like to learn many of the fundamentals of painting, color mixing, and brush handling
- Anyone seeking a creative outlet and is interested in expressing themselves through painting
- Painters who would like to learn a new subject matter in painting
- No experience necessary; everyone is welcome!