Get started using Revit! Gain an introduction to the fundamental concepts of the Revit platform, a design and documentation system required for building projects.
Revit supports the design, drawings and schedules needed to work as an engineer or building designer. This building information modeling (BIM) software delivers information about project design, scope quantities, and phases when you need it. Revit is commonly used in the fields of mechanical, electrical or plumbing engineering, architecture, or landscape architecture.
Revit is a parametric modeler; this refers to the relationships among all elements, enabling coordination and change management. These relationships are created either automatically by the software, or by you, as you work. This capability delivers the fundamental coordination and productivity benefits of Revit. Change anything at any time anywhere in the project, and Revit coordinates that change throughout the entire project.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how Revit works
- Be familiar with the terms used when working with Revit
- Navigate the user interface
- Perform some common tasks in Revit
Who Should Take this Class?
Prerequisite: basic computer skills
- Anyone who wishes to work as an engineer or designer in the mechanical, electrical or plumbing engineering, architecture, or landscape architecture fields.
- People interested in Revit and would like to take an introduction class before taking a Revit 1 course.