Latin dances are fun and sexy! If you’ve always wanted to know how to look great on the dance floor and move your hips to a Latin beat, this class is for you. You will have great fun learning simple patterns, and stylish movements in Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, and Cha-Cha.
Learn to identify various styles of Latin music and the specific rhythms. Discover the body movements, basic techniques, footwork, and styles for each. You will develop basic skills for these dances, as well as learning how to dance with a partner. This class is designed for absolute beginners who enjoy energetic Latin nightclub-style music. All ages and genders are welcome. Get ready for fun!
- Suede or leather sole shoes are strongly recommended.
- Dress comfortably.
- Identify and music and rhythms for each dance
- Define body movement and style for each dance
- Explain, demonstrate and practice basic patterns, footwork, partnering (lead/follow and connection)
- Develop basic skills and techniques in each dance
Who Should Take This Class?
- Everyone who would like to learn and explore the basic skills of Latin dancing, with little or no experience with Latin dance.
- More experienced dancers interested in improving the basics or trying a new style of dance.