Learn everyday vocabulary and expressions in German! Develop basic oral and written communication skills by interacting with the instructor and fellow students in this level 1 class. Develop basic grammar and everyday vocabulary and expressions. Learn how to have simple and short conversations about familiar topics such as family and home. You will become acquainted with the essentials of German grammar and syntax as well as pronunciation. While learning the language, you will also have a chance to explore German culture -- both traditional and modern. Please acquire this book, which will be used for all German levels 1-3: Schritte International 1 (text and workbook in one volume). ISBN 978-3-19-001851-2.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Develop essential speaking and listening skills for simple conversations
- Know very basic grammar
- Build everyday vocabulary and expressions
- Hold simple and short conversation about familiar topics (e.g. family, home, etc.)
- Understand traditional and modern German culture
Schritte International 1 (text and workbook in one volume). ISBN 978-3-19-001851-2.
Who Should Take This Class?
- Travelers, business people, family and friends of German speakers, or anyone who is interested in German culture
- Anyone who would like to know how to greet and have small conversations with native German speakers
- No prior knowledge of German language and/or culture is required.
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.