"I enjoyed and appreciated the very comprehensive coursework for the WA state certification for medical marijuana consultants. It has been informative, thought-provoking and based on science, researchers, educators and others." ~Student
"This course is very challenging in a positive way. The material provided is very diverse and enlightening. Any employee of ours at Have a Heart who has taken this particular certification course feels very prepared for the complexity of their role as a medical marijuana consultant.” ~Student
Our Medical Marijuana Consultant training program is approved by the Washington State Department of Health, and satisfies the education requirements for those who wish to become certified as a Medical Marijuana Consultant. It is also one of only three Washington State approved certification programs.
All medically-endorsed retail marijuana stores are required to have a certified Medical Marijuana Consultant on staff to provide services to medical patients.
- State laws and rules relating to marijuana
- Qualifying conditions and their common symptoms
- Short- and long-term positive and negative effects of cannabinoids
- Products that may benefit qualifying patients
- Risks and warning signs of overuse, abuse and addiction
- Safe handling of marijuana products
- Ethics, customer privacy and rights
- As a result of successfully completing this course and receiving certification, you will be recognized by the State of Washington as a Medical Marijuana Consultant.
For more information on the Medical Marijuana Consultant Certification requirements, please visit the Washington State Department of Health.
NOTE: This course is online and self-paced. It has open enrollment; you can register throughout the quarter up to two weeks before the last day of the quarter. You will receive online access within three business days after registration.
- Collaboration: Contribute effectively to groups by evaluating different perspectives
- Communication: Exchange ideas and information through intentional listening, reading, speaking, writing and presenting
- Critical thought: Analyze, reflect and synthesize information to identify issues, formulate hypotheses, develop strategies and solve problems
- Applied learning: Select, understand, evaluate and use appropriate information resources, theoretical models, quantitative techniques and technology tools
Who Should Take this Certificate Program?
- Owners and employees of recreational marijuana establishments that offer medical marijuana products and services
- Anyone interested in opening or working for a recreational marijuana establishment that plans to offer medical marijuana products and services