Class OverviewWould you like a creative outlet and being able to make your own artful cards to give to others? Create unique watercolor greeting cards and make cherished gifts from the heart! Enjoy learning traditional and fun watercolor techniques. You will be guided in a step-by-step process using a variety of simple techniques that will give you satisfying results. Learn tips for creating beautiful art from a professional artist and educator. No experience is required.
Please have the items listed below ready before the class:
Please note: the better the paper, the better your painting experience
- Arches Watercolor Pad with the black and green cover -- be sure it is not Block! -- any size you choose.
- Optional if the pad (above) is not available: 1 sheet (or more) of Arches Paper: 140#, 22x30", cold press.
- NOT recommended: Strathmore yellow cover paper pad
Transparent watercolor paint set - any brand, except Reeves.
- 1 (one) round pointed #10 synthetic watercolor brush
- 1 (one) sheep hair 2" Hake flat brush
- 1 (one) small cheap flat synthetic brush, max 1/2"
- Create your own holiday cards
- Gain skills in traditional watercolor painting techniques
- Become familiar with watercolor painting tools and materials and how to use them
- Express yourself creatively through watercolor painting and card creation
- Create unique works of art
Who Should Take This Class?
- Anyone interested in learning watercolor painting techniques
- People who would like to make their own holiday cards
- Anyone wanting to explore their creativity and have time for creative exploration and expression
This class is held online by videoconferencing. It is led by an instructor(s) in real-time as an interactive class experience. To attend and participate fully you will need access to a computer or device with video and a microphone, plus high-speed internet connection. Instructions to access the class will be emailed to you by the instructor or staff member before the class begins. Note: part of this class might be recorded, for the students and instructor to use for review only; recordings will be deleted after the end of the quarter.