Teach For Us
Share your expertise!
Collaborate with us to offer engaging learning opportunities for the community.
About Our Programs
What WE Offer
The Continuing Education program at Seattle Central College offers non-credit classes, in hobbies, interests and job skills.
Courses are held during days and evenings, throughout the week, and on weekends. Our classes range from one-session workshops, to classes with 10+ session, certification programs made up of several classes, and everything in between. While classes are not graded, we do offer certificates of completion, or continuing education credit certificates, upon request.
What YOU Offer
You teach your passion and/or profession to self-motivated adult learners. In concert with the school's mission, your class is innovative, engaging, and dynamic. You should seek to build a sense of community in the classroom, and to respect the diversity of our unique neighborhood and community.
Instructors must have a professional demeanor and maintain a positive learning environment for all students.
How to Teach for Us
Fall: June 15th
Winter: September 15th
Spring: December 15th
Summer: March 15th
We're always looking for innovative new classes to offer to the community! If you'd like your class to be considered for one of our upcoming quarters, here's how the process works:
- Complete the Course Proposal Form below.
- Our programming team will review your proposal.
- If we are interested, we will contact you to request your resume and to schedule an interview.
- If we decide to offer your class, we will start your onboarding process.
- At that time, we will request you to submit:
- A detailed syllabus
- Your resume
- A short bio
- A recent headshot photo, for use on our website and other marketing materials
- Once we have reviewed all required documents, we will send you a Teaching Agreement.
Please note: Only electronic proposals are accepted. Any proposals we receive after the deadline will be considered for the next quarter.
If you have any questions about teaching for Continuing Education, please contact us.